Mission & Goals
The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado is to help children reach their full potential through professionally supported, one-to-one, volunteer mentoring relationships with measurable impact.
We achieve our mission by
- providing youth (Littles) with an adult friendship that is consistent, ongoing, supportive, educational, safe and fun
- supplying mentors (Bigs) with the resources and support they need to be effective mentors to at-risk youth
- enhancing the ongoing relationship (Match) between a Big and a Little with intentional activities and asset-building opportunities.
In 2007, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Colorado supported 1,523 mentoring relationships in Denver that helped youth develop by:
- improving their sense of self and community
- improving their attitudes toward school and learning
- learning to avoid negative or delinquent behavior
Donate online using your checking, savings, or credit card account with Big Brothers Big Sisters' secure server.
Donate online at www.biglittlecolorado.org